Friday, July 5, 2013

Easy Summer Crafting Project with Boys

Ok, so I constantly have to remind myself that I have boys, especially when it comes to crafting.  This time, I got it totally right!  My boys LOVED this project and want to do more of them...  It couldn't have been easier.  I bought some fabric markers for a buck (with a three dollar off coupon from a couple of weeks ago) and a two pack of pillow cases...

I will include a tute, but this is easy, peasy and can be done however you want...   So, for less than $5 bucks, my boys had a fun project they can enjoy for weeks to come.



Materials:
Cereal Box - cut open to lay flat
Pillow Cases or T-Shirts
Fabric Markers
Print outs
Ribbon, fringe, embellishments (for girls, perhaps?)

Instructions:
  1. Look for images online and print out in black and white.
  2. Place the cereal box in between the layers of the pillowcase, then place the printed image on top of the box, still under the first layer of fabric.  
  3. Now, I had to help with this part:  hold the layer of pillowcase taut, so that your kiddo can trace the image with the markers.  My son chose black for the outlines and I did the tracing for my younger boy's image.
  4. Color at random, while moving the cereal box to be under the spot being colored.
  5. Set the colors according to the package directions.
My boys really enjoyed this project and want to color more things.  They constantly ask for the coloring pillowcases, so it may be a good idea to do two for each kiddo (one for the wash and one for use?)

Anywho, hope your boys enjoy this craft, too!

Take Care,
Morgan

Linking up to:
Made by you Monday - Skip to my Lou 
Trendy Treehouse  
Craft-O-Maniac 
I Heart Naptime 
Time to Sparkle Link Party  
Cheerios and Lattes Saturday Show and Tell 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...