Saturday, August 11, 2012

Baby Shower Gift

Now I love me some baby showers! Not really just baby showers, any showers! Wedding, couples, housewarming, stock the bar, you name it and I love to go! I love the cute, little appetizers, the tasty food and the sweet looking desserts. And I ADORE the opening of the presents! Especially if something is given that is homemade!! Well, I made a homemade gift with store bought filler for the shower I attended today. 

I don't have many any pics of the process (it was 101 degrees in Texas yesterday) because I was too moist whilst cutting, sanding, painting and creating.  But here are the beauties I made for the new edition (the trug, wood name tag and ornament):


Ok, so I was in such a rush to get out the door that I forgot to tie the tag onto the ornament, so that is why you see my sister-in-laws feet in the pic AFTER the mommy-to-be went through the present...  Oh, well, it's the thought that counts, right?

How to:

For the trug, I used mostly these instructions; however, I didn't use the same dimensions for the wood, I routed out the spot for the dowel because I couldn't find the stopper Jaime used, and my handy paint pen was used for the lettering (Times New Roman) because I was way too shaky with the brush. This wasn't quite as challenging as I thought it would be and it was so much fun saying I made something like this.  I plan on making some trugs for my sweet and salty boys soon!

For the ornament, I used these instructions...  I curled the paper facing out around the pencil after using my cutter.  I actually couldn't fit many pieces of paper in my ornament...  I saved the baby's name, mom's name, date and time of the shower and a cute sentence which was included on the invitation.  I discarded the registry and RSVP info, because do you really want a memento of that?  I used my pencil to move the names and important stuff closer to the outside of the ornament. I love that you can see the mom's name peeking through on this pic, Christy really had a great idea with this one.

I love, love, love, Jaime's site and Christy's site, please go by and take a look as these are some crazy talented ladies!

Wood Tag
By now, the wooden tags should be quite familiar...  All I did was use my handy paint pen with the baby's name on one side and the birth year on the back and tied with twine.  I used the same font (Times New Roman) If you want to know more about creating these, go here to my tutorial.

While attending this shower, I was given an assignment for an upcoming shower (yay! and a HUGE Whoop!) for some fellow Aggies, so I will be blogging about some of those items in the near future.  I am too excited about another shower on the horizon! What do you like to give at showers?

I hope this inspires you!

Take Care,
Morgan

Linking up to:
Be different Act Normal - Show and Tell Saturday 

the Grant life

5 comments:

  1. Hi! Visiting from Be Different Act Normal. What a super cute gift! I love all the details!

    Ps.. Im a Texas girlie too! Im so over the heat! How about you? :)

    If you get a chance I would love for you to share this (and any other awesome posts you have) at my link party!
    http://www.thegrantlife.com/2012/08/financial-friday-fabulous-features.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelley, Thank you so much! I am SO over the heat, but it's really the humidity that's the kicker! :) Thank you for the info about the linky party; I will definitely share!

      Thanks for coming by and take care!
      Morgan

      Delete
  2. Can you instruct some more ideas for gifts to babies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Shahbaz, Yes, I will be posting more on these kids of gifts for babies. I plan on making some homemade gifts for another shower in about 7 weeks. I may have to post them after the shower as some family members will be attending the shower who also follow my blog, so I don't want to ruin any of the surprise. In any case, they will be on here. If you have something specific in mind, feel free to email me! I love baby gifts!

      Thanks for coming by and take care,
      Morgan

      Delete
  3. Wow! That is an awesome gift!!! I love how the ornament turned out. I used the same tutorial to make a wedding invitation one for Christmas. http://sannipanni.wordpress.com/2013/01/30/pinteresting-wedding-invitation-ornament

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...