It's so exciting; I can't believe how big he is, really where has the time gone?! I know he will be nervous meeting his teacher and anxious about all the new information he will be given during Visiting Day. So, I always think it's a nice icebreaker at the beginning of the school year to give the teachers a cute little gift. It usually leads to the teachers giving him a hug and that helps put him at ease. I will also be making a couple of extra Teacher gifts for Sweet Boy 2 when he goes back to his program in the Fall.
If you have read my profile, you probably know that I collect little things along the way for future craft projects. I call it being prepared, Mr. Sweet (aka my husband) calls it hoarding. Tomato, tomato. So, I have been
Paper and Mod Podge and applicator
or Gift Wrap and double sided tape
Rubber bands (optional)
Hot glue gun (optional)
Wood Tags (optional)
Chalk Paint and chalk/chalk pen (optional)
Filler (candy, trail mix, pens/pencils/glue sticks, gift card, homemade goodies, anything that will fit)
- Cut your paper to fit your container.
- If using gift wrap, please use double sided tape. I cannot make MP work with gift wrap, be warned.
- If using paper, swipe the MP on your applicator and wipe onto back of paper, don't put too much on there.
- Wrap around your container. If you have paper that goes in a certain direction, please be aware when placing onto container.
- If your paper isn't flat against the container, use rubber bands. I had to use some rubber bands (leftover from another project) for the white scrap paper containers. Remove when dry.
- Now you could totally be finished right now and fill 'er up with your treats and you are good to go...
- But you could make a nice bow and hot glue it on the top of the container or go to step 8.
- Make some wooden tags like we did here and paint on chalk paint according to package directions. When dry, write the teacher's name on the tag and the year and tie to the container with twine.
This is how they looked for Sweet Boy #2's teachers... Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to take a pic before Sweet Boy 1 took them to school.
Hope you enjoy this craft! Let me know who you would make this type of container for...
Linking up to:
Bloom Designs Linky Party - Best of 2012
SNAP! - Show and Tell Linky