Sunday, April 7, 2013

Tabletop Chalkboard

This was yet another item I made for my son's birthday in this post.  I first saw it here and used these plans.  Easy peasy...  So much fun to make!  I didn't use a handle, but it's totally up to you if you need it.




I used some clearance paints (chalkboard and acrylic) I found a while back which is why I hoard buy things with the intent to do something with them someday.  Sealed this sucker up just to make sure the acrylic was on there for good...  For some reason when I would wipe it with a damp paper towel, the acrylic paint kept on coming off...  So the sealer is doing what I need it to, especially with the boys, I just know they are going to try and use the chalk on the wood part, not the chalkboard part...  Got three good layers of chalkboard paint for both sides, so not bad for a buck clearance paint!

Anywho, if I can make this, so can you!  I even used the jig and everything.  Just a word to the wise, make certain your nails for the hardboard are less than the width of your 1 by 2/3...  No reason, just from experience you may need to touch-up where the nails poke through...  No biggie!

Take Care,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...