Friday, June 28, 2013

Lego Tray

What is wrong with me?  Why can I not just buy a gift and do nothing 'crafty' with it?  Why do I have to think about it, obsess about it, figure out a way to make it 'perfect?'  I am not sure, but I think it has something to do with not having bucketfuls of money, but still wanting to give an awesome gift...

Anywho, not something I plan on changing about myself, so I guess I should move on right?  :)  Here it is; I made this tray from these plans.  I didn't use the exact wood Jaime used, because I wanted to use my scrap wood, but used the overall plan in my design.   I used the wrapping inspiration from here.

 
I decided to use the Lego font (search for it, there is no special site) and used paint pen to color it in.  I used the same process for tracing it on the wood as I used here.


I got the cool drawer pulls at the Depot.  I thought they looked great with the tray and they were the cheapest!

Unfortunately, I could only make two trays (one for the birthday boy, who is friends with my oldest, and one tray for us) which means my boys will have to share until I get more wood...  For ours, I did our last name so that no one could say it was his.  Just trying to head off future fights...


What crafty gifts do you like making for little boys?

Take Care,
Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...