Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Easy Teacher Gifts on a Budget

I love getting gifts for my boy's teachers.  I have five teachers, so far, and don't want to spend an arm and a leg to let them know how much I appreciate them and value the time and effort they put into my sons.  But I think, even on a budget, I got them nice gifts (and from the feedback I received, the gifts were very well received!)  Here is the Christmas Bucket of Fun:


Each bucket contains the following: three plastic bags as padding for the goodies (see pic), one piece of tissue paper folded, one cupcake mix, one icing, either sprinkles or the spatulas and squeeze bottle from the baking set (I could only find four of the sets,) one personalized zippered pouch, and a personalized card and gift card for lunch.

Extra baking supplies that didn't fit in the bucket nor did it look pretty!

OK. I usually hate talking money, especially if I get gifts for crazy, good deals.  But here goes...  I paid very little for these Christmas teacher gifts, with a little planning.  At an after Christmas sale, I bought these buckets for ten cents each!  The tissue paper (one per bucket) was less than ten cents a sheet.  I bought the cupcake supplies (mix, icing (both on sale with coupons) and 11 piece baking set on clearance), made a zipper pouch and got them a gift card to our favorite fast food restaurant that is near the school.

Now, you don't have to do the gift card, but I know several of the teachers like this Chick restaurant (as do we) and I was very careful with our grocery budget over the last several weeks, so it was a splurge I am willing to make. I was able to see four of the teachers and they said the following: I am going to make these cupcakes with my granddaughter, I love to bake - you are so creative, I love the pouch with my name and that I love school ribbon is darling!  All gave hugs and had big smiles.

That's really what it's all about!  Though I was crazed trying to get everything done, I am so glad I was able to get it all together for them!  What do you like to give your hardworking teachers in your kiddo's lives?

Take Care,
Morgan

Linking up to:
Bloom Designs Linky Party - Best of 2012 
Cheerios and Lattes - Show and Tell 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...